Cigarettes. The nasty life-sucking tormentors. We all know the impact that cigarettes have on our health and bank account.We know we need to stop smoking. If you’re like me, you probably smoke a lot when you’re depressed or stressed. Or driving.
Are you ready to stop smoking? I have made the decision to quit, and, although, it may be difficult, I know my health will thank me for it. Do you really want lung cancer? Probably not. That’s why we need to pull together and stop it right now.
Today, I want to share with you forty things you can do instead of smoking a cigarette. This list will provide you with many ideas to distract yourself from smoking. Yes, it’s going to be the hardest thing you ever do, but you CAN do it! Let’s start today! Stop smoking, save your lungs, and watch that money pile up!
Stop Smoking: 40 Things to Do Instead of Smoking a Cigarette
- Drink water with a dash of black or cayenne pepper to control your cravings
- Try herbal cigarettes like clove or mint
- Take a hot, herbal bath with my handcrafted Bath Spell sachets, only on Etsy!
- Drink hot herbal tea
- Eat an orange or lime
- Snack on something salty like peanuts or baked chips
- Do some breathing exercises
- Go for a walk or jog
- Try out yoga to relax your mind and body
- Do some jumping jacks or squats
- Read a book or magazine
- Listen to stand-up comedy on Pandora for some laughs
- Draw a pretty picture
- Take some selfies and post on social media
- Call a good friend
- Paint your nails
- Sing your favorite songs
- Inhale some essential oils like lemon, cinnamon, or eucalyptus
- Rinse your mouth with water and a teaspoon of baking soda
- Count all your blessings
- Get a massage
- Try acupuncture
- Put a toothpick in your mouth
- Drink cranberry juice to cleanse your body of nicotine
- Eat some Tic Tacs or bubble gum
- Eat oatmeal with honey
- Re-decorate your house
- Vacuum or dust your car/home
- Brush and/or whiten your teeth
- Google images of lung cancer
- Talk to your doctor or therapist
- Take a hot bath or shower
- Relax in a hot tub or steam room to remove toxins
- Get a pedicure or manicure
- Get on Pinterest and start pinning
- Try St. John’s Wort vitamins
- Break your cigarettes
- Throw away your lighters
- Go shopping for a new purse or shoes
- Journal your feelings
Bye, Bye Big Tobacco
I hope all of these tips will help you to cut out cigarettes from your life today. Remember, talk to your doctor before starting anything extreme. You can do this! Your body and mind will be so thankful, and so will all of your family and friends. You have people that need you alive and well because you’re so amazing!
If you have any other tips for quitting cigarettes, please share them! Let me know how your journey is going. Good luck!